Monday, September 11, 2006

Mia's 39th Quilt Square: Dayton, Ohio

This was made by Lisa's mom, Chris. Chris is like a second mom to me. She'll be Mia's surrogate grandma, too.

I love this fabric. It's so approproate that she made this during the weekend that we are remembering the 5 year anniversary of 9-11. This is a date in our country's history that will never be forgotten. She included the serenity prayer. Chris said this is her favorite prayer and it also is so completely fitting on this tragic day.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."

Thanks Chris! This is definitely one of my favorite squares. I love it!

No comments: