Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Mia's 105th Quilt Square: Dayton, Ohio

This is from my brother, Travis, his girlfriend, Kristy and her son, Braeden. My mom tells me that my brother picked out the fabric himself and searched for it because he wanted something Asian. The card got to me. He gave it to me on Christmas when I was already feeling just a little bit sad about not having Mia home. So this quote got me all teary and emotional.

"My heart felt something missing. At the time, I didn't know that "something" would become my reason for living. I don't know why our life together began so far apart. How could I have known a faraway land held the missing beat of my heart? From distant places with stranger's faces, our hearts were destined to meet. Without you for me and me for you, our lives would not have been complete." ~ Crystal Dawn Perry

That is so true. Then he included one from Oprah Winfrey which reads "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." And another from Richard Bach "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life." I absolutely believe both of these things. Couldn't have been more perfect. Their wish for Mia is health, happiness, love and laughter.

You done good! Thanks Travis, Kristy and Braeden. I love you.

No comments: